F10s no satélite signal on the box

About F10S pictures, software, upgrades, tutorials, any technology and the use of the problem
quiver09

Re: F10s no satélite signal on the box

Post by quiver09 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:44 am

Hi All, I really like this receiver as the picture quality is just excellent. It happily switches between satellites when using a motorised dish. But now it looks like my F10S is coming to its end of life. I have had this box from new for about 18 months. On power up, the picture and sound now keep breaking up. The screen either freezes and becomes very pixelated, followed by the infamous message “bad dish signal” on most channels (clear or encrypted) on both LNB1 or LNB2. I have checked the LNB and cables and there is nothing wrong with them so it is definitely the box at fault. If you leave the box on for about 15 minutes and it gradually starts to improve. From the forum, it appears that there are many similar reported issues and the conclusion appears to be around the signal detection LNB voltage dropping and coming back or failing all together. Possible solutions appear to be:-
• Try a different power adaptor. – Still get same issues;
• Keep the box in standby mode (AC intact) to resume to watch when required.- Pixilation still occurs when you first come out of standby;
• Hardware fix -Pin 6 on IC U10 & U 11 located behind the two tuners are missing a pull-up voltage. Pin 6 is the “On” switch which requires a
3 volts to turn on. Solution is to use a 10k ohm resistor from the 5 Volt B+ supply on the PC board to pin 6 on U10/U11. This ensures there
is power on the two tuners for the LNBs. LNB power will remain on all the time as long as there is power to the receiver. – A few users have
successfully done this;
• Replace chip Model CT1642- But I thought this is just an LED driver, so don’t understand how it affects signal detection;
• Save all the aggravation. Just bin the box and buy a new different and reliable receiver;
Its quite disappointing that that this receiver cannot perform reliably or is stable enough to correctly manage signal detection when put through its paces. The manufacture support for this box is also on the decline.
For me now is to try the hardware fix and and if that fails, then trash the box and move onto a different receiver. Thanks. :geek:

rakers

Post by rakers » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:29 pm

I managed to fix my f10s with the same problem (bad dish signal) I downgraded firmware to first one released, then after downgrade I done factory reset, then uploaded my channel list and cccam, now is working fine without any signal drops :) Just remember after upgrade or downgrade firmware do factory reset first then setup your channels and cccam :)

slovb911

Post by slovb911 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:40 pm

I have found that the chip "CT1642" cause "No signal".

lzp

Post by lzp » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Boa noite,

Por aqui alterno ele com um Golden Media(bons tempos) e um dongle X10.

ashishparmar

Post by ashishparmar » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:58 am

I am having same problem with this box now. It was working fine until yesterday and suddnly found no Signal at all. signal intensity jumps up and down from 9-71-85% bu no signal at all. My box running the latest firmware from the network. This box is seems to waste of money how they advertised this box not worth.

There is no hardware fault in this box definately software issue which sort lnb and it fails because of excess power. I have tried new lnb and it working fine for a day or two and failed again because of power issue. So i am not going to change it again for every two days. This box is not reliable until firware fix this issue. I would recommended to everyone that test new LNB but dont use it until new fix comes up otherwise it will fail again new Lnb.

PS: If your box is working properly do not try to upgrade the firmware..

If engineer reading this please test (voltage controls) on trial box first before update any firmware to the public. It cost money to everyone and dis-respect for the company as well.

bogi

Post by bogi » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:24 pm

I had the issue in the last one-two weeks, but after some tens of minutes after powering on the issue disappeared. But today I wasn't able to get the box running even after few hours, it still reported bad dish signal.
My box was running for 1 year with FW 20170831 and I never upgraded it till today. Since I couldn't get it working I tried at first update to the newest FW which is available from the box menu "Update by network". That didn't help. The green led placed under the red led didn't light.

Then I tried what rakers suggested in the previous post posting.php?f=3&mode=reply&t=281&sid=8d ... 48a#pr1652. I downgraded to F10S_20170831_H.265_IPTV_TwinTuner.bin and did factory reset. As the box restarted after FW update, I found the green LED lighting - that was the difference in comparison with previous FW 20170831 update. I loaded the key and channels backup from USB and the box is running OK now. I don't know how long ...

As ashishparmar mentioned today, it seems to be SW issue. It could be related to excess in power consumption as ashishparmar noted. It is shame that this box has so poor technical support. I asked them previously to improve the channel editing tool to support the twin tuner functionality and to support editing favorites. They at first promised to do the change but after few months they answered me they will not fix it. I will never buy anything again from this company. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=277&p=1265&sid=3293 ... e61d#p1146

ashishparmar

Post by ashishparmar » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:00 am

bogi wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:24 pm
I had the issue in the last one-two weeks, but after some tens of minutes after powering on the issue disappeared. But today I wasn't able to get the box running even after few hours, it still reported bad dish signal.
My box was running for 1 year with FW 20170831 and I never upgraded it till today. Since I couldn't get it working I tried at first update to the newest FW which is available from the box menu "Update by network". That didn't help. The green led placed under the red led didn't light.

Then I tried what rakers suggested in the previous post posting.php?f=3&mode=reply&t=281&sid=8d ... 48a#pr1652. I downgraded to F10S_20170831_H.265_IPTV_TwinTuner.bin and did factory reset. As the box restarted after FW update, I found the green LED lighting - that was the difference in comparison with previous FW 20170831 update. I loaded the key and channels backup from USB and the box is running OK now. I don't know how long ...

As ashishparmar mentioned today, it seems to be SW issue. It could be related to excess in power consumption as ashishparmar noted. It is shame that this box has so poor technical support. I asked them previously to improve the channel editing tool to support the twin tuner functionality and to support editing favorites. They at first promised to do the change but after few months they answered me they will not fix it. I will never buy anything again from this company. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=277&p=1265&sid=3293 ... e61d#p1146
*******************************************************************************************************

Hello Bogi

I can understnd the frustration of everyone that this box has no basic function after an update. Also poor support from the developer team which lead to affect their sales in the future as soon as people know there is some problem with this brand and there will be no proper solution of this.

1. Latest update disabled the POWER button on the box (not working anymore). Only by remote control you can on off the box. Downgrade the firmware bring backs the button working.
2. Clock disappear when standby.
3. No signal at all (Basic function of the PVR) due to latest faulty firmware update (Power issue) and LNB failed. Only downgrade the firmware is solution at the moment but requires new LNB. Also old firmwares are not bug free. So don't know how long new LNB/BOX will survive. I had two LNB failed because of the firmware issue. Changing good quality LNB's cost more than the box cost itself.
4. Poor customer service. Not any authorised store for gurantee/warranty repair. Not provided any online help either.
5.Channel editor tool is very old and does not support over FEC 7/8 where some new channels required FEC 8/9. Also there isn't any favourite channel editing option on the software on the computer. You have to do it manually in the box by remote control which is pain at the moment. I have already posted it earlier but there is no response from the developer/engineer. Its a shame that there is no developement on this tool as it is not fit for purpose.
6. Box menus also requires an update as if you enter in one place every time you have to press exit to go to other menu options instead of left and right arrows press should be change the previos/next menu options.
7. TP/CHS list should be server based online update automatically depends on which satellite selected and not to be manually add/edit unless any user specific changes required. Users on this forum can help them if they want specific TP/CHS list for the satellite so everyone can use it.

I hope this time if they read this will reply with some sort of solutions. [29/11/2018]

rakers

Post by rakers » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:29 pm

bogi wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:24 pm

I managed to fix my f10s with the same problem (bad dish signal) I downgraded firmware to first one released, then after downgrade I done factory reset, then uploaded my channel list and cccam, now is working fine without any signal drops :) Just remember after upgrade or downgrade firmware do factory reset first then setup your channels and cccam :)

bogi

Post by bogi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:49 pm

rakers, I did so on Tue Nov 27 before I wrote my previous post here. Today I had to repeat the procedure, because the box got teh same issue again. What's interesting, it was not enough to re-load the oldest FW (in my case 20170831 - what for FW did you load?) and to perform factory reset. That didn't help. I upgraded to the newest FW, did factory reset, then the oldest FW, then factory reset and then I loaded the needed files from USB. That worked.

So ... my box run OK for no more than 2 weeks and the issue reappeared. I'm thinking about buying another box before it will destroy my LNBs.

quiver09

Post by quiver09 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi All, So I attempted to try the hardware fix
-Pin 6 on IC U10 & U 11 located behind the two tuners are missing a pull-up voltage. Pin 6 is the “On” switch which requires a 3 volts to turn on. Solution is to use a 10k ohm resistor from the 5 Volt B+ supply on the PC board to pin 6 on U10/U11. This ensures there is power on the two tuners for the LNBs.

But on my F10S box there is already power enabled to Pin 6 on IC U10 & U 11
So does that mean there may be more than one hardware configuration type for this model? :? Thanks