Playing back video recorded via PVR

About V8 HD pictures, software, upgrades, tutorials, any technology and the use of the problem
XT2AA

Playing back video recorded via PVR

Post by XT2AA » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:21 pm

The recordings are made on a 32 Gb USB key plugged directly on the back of the box.
Recording are made without problem but when trying to playback the records the screen show : not supported (both in 720 or 1080)
Any ideas ? My box is a V8 HD

Engineer01

Re: Playing back video recorded via PVR

Post by Engineer01 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:25 am

We have not encountered such a problem. It may be that the data recorded on the USB flash drive is incomplete. Try to format the USB flash drive.

XT2AA

Re: Playing back video recorded via PVR

Post by XT2AA » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:34 am

Holding my V8 HD after some hours of operation, i found it very warm, usb key was also warm (acting as a radiator ).
I bring the set to my lab, open it ,power it in 12 volts and let it works, after 45 minutes the radiator of the chip rises to 57° C.....The micro input tuner located Under a shield on the back of the input connector was around 45°C. The power supply on the left was at 35°C ( normal )
As the small PCB is in a closed plastic box imagine the Inside temperature ! On the top cover i drill a 1 inch hole and install a 1 inch 5V blower powered from the 12 volts supplly through a 150 ohms resistor .
Since that drastic modification all PVR operations are correct. (the room temperature of the lab was 20°C ) so for all the owners of this set with erratic operations ,check quickly the temperature of the set ! It may be the cause !